• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
09 Jul 2020 09:14 #16163 by Geno
LED Lights was created by Geno
It's not a tool but thought it was interesting. I ordered a dozen LED light bulbs to try and needless to say they will all be getting replaced here soon.

The originals are single pin T8 59 watt 4100K Sylvania bulbs with electronic ballasts, 2 per fixture using 118 watts. The new one is a T8 65 watt 6000K double row V shaped LED, no ballast, 1 per fixture. A lot of my electric bill is all the lighting on over 12 hours a day 6 days a week so the lighting bill portion should be cut almost in half, plus more light and no more ballasts to change, or bulbs for that matter for a long long time. I didn't believe 1 bulb was a 150 watt fluorescent equivalent like they advertised but I think it is that or more. :thumb1

You can get them here - 8' LED Bulbs

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2020 09:25 #16164 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic LED Lights
been dealing with led retro fits last few years here at work prices are way down and some power company's are giving rebaits.
some of the fixtures we are installing claim 50,000 to 70,000 hour life.
got to love the light out put on top of savings and not having to revisit it for up to 7 years with full use

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
09 Jul 2020 17:51 #16166 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic LED Lights
For sure John. I went on and put in the 12 this morning that showed up yesterday and wow, it's like working outside, minus the heat lol. :laughing No more ballasts or flickering from time to time is super nice too. At 12 hours a day 6 days a week these should last me 12+ years but there may be something even better before then, if the world lasts that long that is. :tounge2

I ordered 12 more that will be here next Wed so I can at least get rid of the yellow dirty looking end of the shop, I'll do the back next month after I get caught up.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds