• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Jan 2024 10:11 #18278 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Last week lows at zero and below and barely making it into the double digits during the day, and some snow.  This morning, it was 59 at 5am and will warm a little until 10pm tonight...  Fine with me as long as it's warm.   

Sales tax got finished up yesterday, is filed, paid and done for last year.  Everything is also entered in Quickbooks for last year and ready for the return in April.  Now maybe I can get back to some fun in the shop. 

Windows is also running inside Linux on all the computers, that was the big project while the cold was on.  There are a few things that just won't run on Linux but Windows is too much of a pain to keep secure.  I had a dual boot system and had to log in and out of them to do things in each one, it was a bit of a pain.  Now I have it all on Linux and Windows is where it belongs, safe and secure while locked up in it's own window.   

If anyone else is interested in doing something like this the program I'm using is called Virtual Box.  It's open source and free, and you can put all the operating systems in it you want and switch them on the fly, or run several at the same time.  They can also be resized and moved around at will, pretty cool. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Jan 2024 11:27 #18279 by Geno
Jeremy picked up his restored 753 and one of the Wheel Horse trucks last Sat so now there's just a little more space around here.  I'll take all I can get...  

This morning I decided to get into the flywheel mess from the Kohler 12HP I took apart last week and see what happened.  The pics are pretty much self explanatory.  It turned out to be easy after one spacer was removed, but only because the magnets weren't even glued in...  The only thing holding them was the spacers someone put in there, why am I surprised.    

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jan 2024 11:39 #18282 by Geno
Doing a little cleaning, rearranging, and maintenance around here, what else is new... 

I need to move the Fastenal pegboard to get to some things behind it.  It's going up against the wall near the blaster.  While the blaster is moved it needs some mods, the lighting above it needs to be updated, and all kinds of other things. The corner where the pegboard and tire equip is is also a mess so it's getting a good clean up.  Just another normal mess to be made for a little while. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jan 2024 17:55 #18283 by Geno
I needed to upgrade a few lights while everything is getting moved around and things are out of the way.  3 of them in the blaster area got done today and I even made a pattern from an old center piece.  Of course I should have done that in the beginning of this venture long ago knowing they all wouldn't get done at the same time... 

The pegboard is moved, just need to cover it this time with some plastic in the morning.  Got a little done to the blaster, I'll update that topic next. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Feb 2024 18:19 #18296 by Geno
Spent most of the day today cleaning the big mess made last week on the blaster project.  Benches and everything else is cleaned back up, organized, and put away.  I even had a little extra time to do the windows and make a few more clean spots on the floor.  I think most of the yellow lines are finally yellow again...  

Company is coming tomorrow, peeps that are at the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville usually come by while they are there, it's just an hour away.  One person is an old WH Dealer that wants to buy a C-160 Auto tomorrow.  Always nice to meet and talk to old WH dealers.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds