Hein Werner A4CCWH

More
18 Jul 2016 10:37 #12064 by ManicMechanic
Has anyone refilled one of these from a fresh rebuild and is it simple as removing the set screw and pouring the fluid in? I see many people have been using the Napa ATV which covers Dexron all the way up to V.

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
18 Jul 2016 16:41 #12066 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Hein Werner A4CCWH
On the 1054 tractors there's a plug on the backside toward the top where you fill it. Wheel Horse manuals say to be sure to leave it a little low for expansion.

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ManicMechanic

More
18 Jul 2016 19:16 #12068 by ManicMechanic
Replied by ManicMechanic on topic Hein Werner A4CCWH
I found that the compression release is not functioning either? Could be water expansion in the oil, maybe change the oil and do a kerosene flush? I didn't pull the valve or cam covers off yet. Maybe when I tear down the carburetor I'll check the valve and cam, see if the spring is still good on the release? I know this fellow wants 550.00 for this machine with the deck, as it sits. I was thinking of taking it as a partial payment on a trade, but it is mechanically rough!

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."

• Geno
    Super Users
More
18 Jul 2016 21:03 #12071 by Geno
It's also one of the most rare Horses out there, they only made them 3 months. If it has the correct motor (K241AS-46219A) I would pay that for it in a minute. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
19 Jul 2016 10:09 #12081 by ManicMechanic
Is it possible that the compression release is failing? Maybe I should pull it off the oil pan and have a look before I attempt to run it? I will do a kerosene flush next and drain into a separate can, look for any metal, etc. I'll double check the engine specs as well an see if it is original, I thought it was.

More
19 Jul 2016 11:39 #12082 by ManicMechanic
I checked my two k 241s the 1045 is original 46219A
the other is a 46215A and I can rotate that one with my hand on the shaft, no problem.
Still believe we have a release issue. The Tractor will go into storage until the off season, then I can consult with my Mechanic prior to getting too technically involved. It's a rare jewel so no Micky Rigging! Lol Clean out the engine and lube the hydro, then stow it.

• Geno
    Super Users
More
19 Jul 2016 13:14 #12083 by Geno
Sounds like a plan. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
20 Jul 2016 09:10 - 20 Jul 2016 09:24 #12092 by ManicMechanic
I couldn't help myself! I removed the cam cover and examined the cam, it is an Automatic Spark Advance, not ACR. So the Generator Starter should be Heavy Duty?

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2016 09:24 by ManicMechanic.

• Geno
    Super Users
More
20 Jul 2016 17:44 #12095 by Geno
The Delco starter \ generator was plenty for that little engine. It's the same one that GM ran on all their cars back in the day.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
24 Jul 2016 19:38 - 24 Jul 2016 19:47 #12123 by ManicMechanic
I found this interesting PDF, filled the Unit with Wheel Horse 4822, made a 3/8ths pulley for the Drill in Reverse, and Viola! Worked wonderfully!

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 19:47 by ManicMechanic.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds