1045 Reconditioned

More
07 Sep 2016 07:03 #12351 by ManicMechanic
Replied by ManicMechanic on topic 1045 Reconditioned
Thanks, it's amazing how many hours a person can put into one of these!

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 20:17 #12370 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic 1045 Reconditioned
Really like the look of this tractor.....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife
The following user(s) said Thank You: ManicMechanic

More
15 Sep 2016 16:49 - 15 Sep 2016 16:51 #12381 by ManicMechanic
Thank you! I have been away, very busy of late so I'm slow to respond, but thank you! This is a wonderful Tractor and it is now running as it should, up hills and braking, etc. It was neglected, stuck in a storage shed for almost a decade! The tires still held air though! It wants to run so badly.......I even have the Slot/Brinley adapter, (in case I want to get r' dirty) He,he,he!

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."
Last edit: 15 Sep 2016 16:51 by ManicMechanic.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Sep 2016 17:20 #12383 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 1045 Reconditioned
If you have any step by step pics you can start a topic and put them in the restorations section for everyone to see. Do that with your next one if you want so we can all follow along. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
15 Sep 2016 19:13 - 15 Sep 2016 19:45 #12385 by ManicMechanic
Oh, really, that would be nice. I buy rusty heaps that don't even roll! Then I slowly take them totally apart to salvage parts as I go. This 1045 was nothing but a rusty lump ten years ago! I did see your repaints, why the black engines and all? Where they originally like that? Lol, Is this Reconditioned 1045 posted in the wrong section then? Can you move it there or.......

Last edit: 15 Sep 2016 19:45 by ManicMechanic.

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Sep 2016 21:27 #12386 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 1045 Reconditioned
Engines were red until the blackhood series in late 79 and 80 up. We paint them black to break things up and give them a more updated look. They had a little too much red on the tractor for me and every one I've restored for someone else when given the option and they see it both ways always chooses black. Depending on the year we also paint the tunnel covers and a lot of upper towers black as well.

All of these and most others we do have black engines now but from the factory they were red.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
15 Sep 2016 21:44 - 15 Sep 2016 21:46 #12388 by ManicMechanic
I know when a new engine was bought and replaced the old, it would be black also.
I like them too, it does break them up nicely. I do the generators and regulators also sometimes.
You are doing a great service and the Tractors are excellent!

Last edit: 15 Sep 2016 21:46 by ManicMechanic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
16 Sep 2016 11:33 #12399 by JERSEYHAWG
Replied by JERSEYHAWG on topic 1045 Reconditioned
Great job you did on that. Really sweet.

Glenn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds