• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
13 Jul 2023 17:45 #18076 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Another 520-8
Started getting it ready for the steam cleaning day I have planned one day here in the near future when the weather is right.  Other than the rear fender and side panels most of the tractor will clean up like new other than the faded hood.  The tower, frame, brackets, etc, have no rust at all, just dirty and it can be wiped off by hand.  I've been trying to figure out why so much of the tractor is like new and some panels are so rough, I still don't have an answer for that... 

It has too long of a belt on it that someone has changed.  The clutch shock is gone and the brackets bent out of the way just to get the long belt to pull it, (2nd + 3rd pic) and it's still not tight enough.  That stuff is all being taken off anyway so it's no biggie.  All of the broken bolts are out, a lot of parts are off, the motor is loose, so now I need to spin it around sideways to get the rear wheels and pulleys loose then it can get cleaned up.

I got another wheel on the right front (it had a 6" wheel with the bearings knocked out of it on there prob just to push it around) and there was no damage to the axle so that was good.  Everything on it at least works now, even the hour gauge, so with some TLC it should be a good tractor when it's all done.  

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Jul 2023 18:27 #18077 by Geno
Didn't have time for much today but it is all ready for the first pass with the steamer.  Pulleys and rear hitch are off or loose, fuel lines, tank, etc is all off.  The clutch shock brackets are also off and the rearend is drained. 

The Wheel Horse bracket and parts for the chipper also got blasted.  After looking at all the weld spatter you guys know what was next...  I spent about another 30 mins cleaning that off and put it back in the blaster again.  I really wish I wasn't so OCD sometimes lol.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Jul 2023 17:36 - 18 Jul 2023 19:15 #18078 by Geno
I'm gonna add some categories to the attachments section and clean it up a little in the next few days.  After that I'll keep the chipper updates in there.  But for now, the Wheel Horse adapter for the chipper got painted up and finished today.   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2023 19:15 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Jul 2023 19:08 #18080 by Geno
I went on and cleaned up the attachments section and added a few categories.  It got done quicker than I thought, I'm trying to do better lol.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Jul 2023 17:47 - 19 Jul 2023 17:50 #18083 by Geno
Did a little steaming today.  Another small part of the world is clean...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 19 Jul 2023 17:50 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Jul 2023 15:59 #18085 by Geno
Just a little work done on it today.  When it gets too hot outside after lunchtime like it has been here lately I go in the shop where it's nice and cool and find something to do.  The rearend is all apart, shafts are polished, seals removed, and a few parts blasted.  I wanted it apart to dry out this weekend in case the steamer got a little water in there.  

I'm hoping to get the rearend and all the parts for it painted next week so I can get it rolling again.  After that I can remove the motor and start taking the shields, flywheel, etc, off and get it back out to the steam cleaner.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Jul 2023 16:54 #18086 by Geno
Been working on it on and off through the day but everything is painted, new seals are in, and shafts are lubed up and ready for assy.  All new hardware and shift boot is laid out and ready.  Will put it together tomorrow when the paint dries completely.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Aug 2023 15:45 #18087 by Geno
It always amazes me how with some proper cleaning, painting, and new hardware how well these turn out.  It just takes a little time + patience. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Sep 2023 18:22 - 04 Sep 2023 18:23 #18103 by Geno
Took some time over the past few days getting the shields off the motor and it looks like nobody's been in there messing with things, good news.  The motor is on a cart that has the next wave of small parts for steam cleaning being put on it, shields are all blasted + ready.  There's some dirt under the flywheel but no leaks I can see anywhere.  I have plenty of starters to replace the original one with, the original works fine, it was just beat up a lot from whoever thought that was the problem...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2023 18:23 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Sep 2023 19:12 #18133 by Geno
I had the steamer out yesterday for the 417 I'm working on so I did a few other little things including the engine and a few other parts for this one.  The flywheel and the last parts that needed blasting are done, and everything is cleaned up and ready to go back together.  All that's left is painting some engine parts and shields and it can go back together. 

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds