• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Oct 2023 18:15 #18139 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Another 520-8
A lot cooler weather coming in tomorrow so I got the rest of the engine parts painted and ready to go together.  Soon I'll be able to clear that table now. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Oct 2023 19:17 #18146 by Geno
Spent a little time on the engine after things got a little quiet this evening.  Even though the starter is good I got out another one that wasn't beat to death for it lol.  I also decided to go a little deeper and do a few extra things while it was on the bench.  It had a small leak at the oil drain piping so that got redone.  A little Alumiblast machine shop paint here and there, got out a chrome dipstick + seal, then the dreaded stuck exhaust pipes...  It took about 45 mins to get them loose but it was worth it while it was off the tractor.  It's still in the rough now but will look good when everything is blasted + painted.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2023 18:12 - 13 Oct 2023 18:14 #18147 by Geno
Got everything on the cart from last night blasted + painted.  Not a lot but something is better than nothing...  

Spent most of the day with peeps + steam cleaning, another cold front is coming in tonight.  Gotta change priorities as the weather changes to get more done.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Oct 2023 18:14 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Oct 2023 18:40 - 14 Oct 2023 18:43 #18149 by Geno
I should have finished this today but half the day was filled with peeps again.  My OCD also kicked in and the condenser and air filter bracket, PTO race, + main drive pulley ended up off of the engine then blasted and painted.   Even though most of it gets covered up the rest of it was looking so nice it just had to be done... 

Also got a 520H panel marked with a panel off of another 520-8 here so I wouldn't forget to make one for this tractor.  The panel was gone when it got here.  Mondays are usually always wild but maybe I can finish it Monday, just maybe...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Oct 2023 18:43 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Oct 2023 19:04 #18150 by Geno
Had enough time today to finally get most of the parts on the motor and off the bench.  I have some wiring and other things to do but the main goal was getting it to where it's at now. 

It still amazes me how much the PTO bells can warp on the outside when the clutch slips, there are some pics to show it below but every one does the same thing when they slip.  It takes to much material off to get them completely like new but getting to 95% is good.  

Best news is that I have that bench back now. 

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds